Recruitment Workshop for Immigrants/ Rekrytointityöpaja siirtolaisille
Tuesday, June 5, 2012 from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM (EEST)
The workshop starts at 16.30 and end around 19.30
1. Introductions, program of the workshop. Sebastian Gahnström, Suomi-Tansania seura
2. Basics of job application: where to look for jobs, how to apply? What does a good CV look like? What do I put in my application? Heidi Layne, University of Helsinki
3. Challenges and advantages related to immigrants and employment. What are obstacles to employment, how can you highlight yur knowledge? What are the written and unwritten rules on the Finnish job market? How do I behave in a job interview? What do employers look for in their employees, what should I remember? Ulla Korhonen, recruitment specialist, and Ali Mohamud, recruitment deparment at Seure
Break and group discussions, snacks, fruits and coffee/tee offered - 30 min
4. Brief discussion of questions addressed in group discussions
5. "Peer support" Professionals with immigrant background will share their own experiences of getting employed in Finland - what were the challenges, how did I manage to overcome them, how can your background be an asset in job application? Wende Luvinga, Niras consulting, and Ali Mohamud, Seure
During the event there will be a possibility to have your CV read and commented on. If you want comments on you CV but haven't submitted it in advance (heidi.layne(at)helsinki.fi) then please do so asap. Otherwise make sure to give it to Heidi at the very beginning of the workshop.
A warm welcome to all of you!
When & Where
Suomi Tansania Seura in conjunction with Moniheli