Recruiting : Call Center Counselors
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 7:00 PM - Friday, August 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
TITLE: Counselor – Customer Service – (Agent)
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITION REPORTS TO: Lead - Call Center
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree or relevant years of experience preferred; High school diploma or GED required; two years of human services and or customer service experience and knowledge of the community to be served desirable; proficiency and understanding of personal computing sufficient to work effectively with reports ; data entry skillset is a must, 9,000-12,000KSP required; typing speed of 40+WPM required, proficiency in Word required; ability to deal effectively with enrollees and potential enrollees; ability to interact courteously and effectively with culturally diverse populations; strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently; bi-lingual capabilities a plus. Training in Medicaid managed care, the Department of Health and Hospitals, Medicaid and the individual managed care programs desired. This training will be provided as needed.
1. Responds to incoming customer calls and assists enrollees in completing Medicaid eligibility renewal applications using the state’s online application system.
2. Requires accurate keying of member’s information into the state’s database.
3. Maintains updated knowledge of State of Georgia alternative Medicaid managed care program information, and policies and procedures and program changes.
4. Remains courteous, helpful, and sensitive to consumer needs at all times.
5. Remains unbiased and maintains consumer confidentiality.
6. Raises issues of concern and/or problems to the attention of a Call Center Lead or Call Center Supervisor.
7. Conducts research and follows up on problematic cases as needed.
8. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
The Urban League of Greater Atlanta
The Urban League of Greater Atlanta (ULGA)
Peachtree Center, International Tower
229 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30303-1600
Office: (404) 659.1150
For more than 90 years, the Urban League of Greater Atlanta (ULGA) has maintained a singular focus: Economic Empowerment.
Economic empowerment is proven and tested as one of the most effective means of elevating the quality of life and access to education, jobs, housing, and business opportunities in historically underserved communities.
Our Mission Is... to enable and empower African Americans and others in underserved urban communities to achieve their highest human potential and secure economic self-reliance, parity, power and civil rights.
Our Programs Are... designed to delive practical, relevant and impactful solutions to empower individuals and families with the resources, skills and access they need to move up the economic ladder.
By Focusing on Six Key Tenents that Empower People, We Achieve Economic Empowerment.
1. Education and Job Skills Training
2. Employment, Careers and Entrepreneurship
3. Housing and Community Development
4. Financial Literacy and Wealth Creation
5. Youth Development and Empowerment
6. Civic Engagement and Leadership