Actions and Detail Panel
Recovery Coach Academy
Thu, Apr 27, 2017, 9:00 AM – Tue, May 2, 2017, 5:30 PM EDT
The five day Recovery Coach Academy will be held over four extended days Two Thursdays and Fridays. April 27th & 28th, May 1st and 2nd, 2017.
Recovery Coaching is a peer-based recovery support service that is non-clinical and designed to engage others beyond recovery initiation through stabilization and into recovery maintenance. Similar peer interventions in clinical settings have been shown to improve engagement and retention of people seeking services. It is also known that long-term treatment and/or recovery outcomes are improved by assertive linkages to community-based recovery supports such as Recovery Coaching.
What Recovery Coaches Do:
∙ Help to initiate and sustain an individual/family in their recovery from substance use disorder or addiction.
∙ Promote recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery
∙ Serve as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking, or already in recovery
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Upon completion of this course you will be considered a Trained Recovery Coach.
30 CEs will be awarded towards Certified Recovery Support Worker licensing.
Fee is $100.00 per person (a $900 value) and manuals are included in the cost. Lunch is on your own.