This workshop series is part of HMI’s Whole Farm/Ranch Land Planning program. It’s designed to educate participants about how nature functions and how producers can improve agricultural practices to increase their land’s productivity and resilience in good times and bad.
For more information on this event, including information about our speakers, please visit our website landing page.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
At the Reconciling Production with Land Health and Restoration Land Management Workshop series you will learn:
- How practicing Holistic Management leads to better decision-making and more effective planning skills to build resilience and improve habitat for livestock and wildlife.
- How the water cycle functions and how participants can improve the water-holding capacity of the soil
- How participants can use grazing and animal impact on their farm or ranch to improve soil and forage stands, with consideration of wildlife needs.
- How participants can create infrastructure and development strategies to create more profit for their operations and create resilient landscapes through improved management practices.
- When and how to destock and graze at appropriate times for optimum production
- How to manage a farm or ranch more effectively given the land base they are working with and the potential markets they can serve.
9:00 am - 5:00 pm each day
October 21-22 – The Basics of Holistic Management & Ecosystem Function
December 9-10, 2016 – Holistic Grazing Planning
January 20-21, 2016 – Holistic Land Planning
MEALS AND LODGING:
Meals and lodging are NOT included in the registration fee. You may bring a sack lunch if you wish. There are a number of hotels in the area.
CANCELLATION POLICY :
Cancellations received up to 30 days prior to the course start date will receive a full refund. Cancellations received up to 14 days prior to an event start date will receive a 40% refund. No refunds will be given otherwise, unless in the event of dire emergency. This policy is required due to financial obligations incurred by HMI in planning these events. We appreciate your understanding.
By registering for this event, you hereby consent and agree that HMI has the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of you and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, for HMI outreach and further consent that your name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary.
Save This Event
When & Where
Holistic Management International
Our mission is to educate people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities.
Our vision is a world where lands and communities flourish through the practice of Holistic Management, an internationally recognized regenerative agricultural practice.
- Helps family farmers/ranchers/pastoralists become more prosperous
- Helps strengthen local economies
- Improves local food quality
- Heals the environment
- Improves wildlife habitats
- Fosters community ties and preserves local culture