San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How do you detect signs of child abuse?
What is the process for documenting suspicions?
How do you handle your working relationship with a family after you have reported them to Child Protective Services?
What are the next steps after a child abuse report has been made?
For answers to these questions and more, please join us for this informative training that will enable you to understand your role and how to function effectively as a mandated reporter.
Who should come?
Staff members of organizations who may come in contact with children and their families in their work, including:
- Social Workers
- After-School Care Providers
- Child Care Provider
- Health Workers
- Know how to identify warning signs of potential abuse.
- Understand the process for documenting suspicion.
- Understand the linkage between Child Protective Services and Differential Response.
- Learn how to work with families involved with the Child Protective Services.
- Learn the next steps after a child abuse report has been filed.
Continuing Education Units:
The San Francisco Family Support Network is a Continuing Education Provider
This Course meets the qualifications for 5 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, and/or LCSWs, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
If you would like to take this training for continuing education credit, the fee is $25 in addition to the ticket price. Please pay the fee separately by credit card by clicking on the CEU option.
In order to receive continuing education credit, you must arrive on time, and you cannot leave early.
For questions, please contact Martina Ayala at (415) 530-7440 or email@example.com.
- Continental breakfast, coffee, and networking will be available beginning at 8:30 AM.
- Materials and lunch are included.
- By Check: Please email Marcell at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form.
- By Credit Card: Through Eventbrite
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
Note: This policy applies to each ticket purchased for individual participants.
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the training, you will be refunded your registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee.
- Please email your cancellation request to Marcell Urbina – email@example.com
- If you cancel 0-5 days before the training date, no refund or credit will be given.
- SFFSN reserves the right to cancel this training if minimum registration requirements are not met. A refund will be giving to those who are registered.
If you would like more information about SFFSN trainings or would like to be added to the training notice e-mail list, please contact Administrative Associate, Marcell Urbina at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website http://sffsn.org/training.
When & Where
San Francisco Family Support Network
Founded in 2004, the San Francisco Family Support Network is a unique partnership of the stakeholders in the Family Support field: families, community-based organizations, public departments, and private foundations. SFFSN's mission is to work collectively to achieve quality programs, coordination of resources, and policies that support all San Francisco families. For more information, visit our website at www.sffsn.org.