San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Real Estate 2013
Is The Boom Back? Market Trends & Insights
It’s been about four years since the crash in the real estate markets. During that time, many cities have suffered from decreasing occupancy, rental rates, and property values. In addition, building owners and lenders have had to undertake work-outs on over a trillion dollars worth of distressed properties. As a result, we’ve seen an economy that has been buoyed by low interest rates but with more stringent underwriting standards, limited job growth, and public policy uncertainty. Is all that about to change?
Join our distinguished panelists to discuss the recent state of the real estate market, the near-term outlook on the economy, and underlying trends that will affect real estate development, operations, investment, financing, and sustainability.
Opening Remarks – Moderator:
- Eric Sussman, President of Amber Capital, Inc., Manager of Fountain Management, LLC, and Managing Partner of Sequoia Real Estate Partners and the Pacific Value Opportunities Fund. Lecturer in accounting and real estate at the UCLA Anderson School of Management, where he has been voted Teacher of the Year twelve times by Anderson’s MBA students.
- Chad R. Sanderson, Principal (Business Development & Acquisitions) - The Bascom Group
- Kurt Strasmann, Senior Managing Director - CBRE Southern California
- Tingting Zhang, Founder and President - TerraCotta Group and a Co-founder of TerraCotta Asset Management
- Jan Brzeski, Principal - Arixa Capital Advisors
- Steve Orchard, Senior Vice President of Structured Finance - Transwestern
More info @ http://la.haasalumni.org/