San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SATURDAY - FEB 25 2017 FROM 9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
LOCATION: EDMONDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE - MEADOWDALE HALL ROOM 124
Want to learn what actually happens when you "delete" data from your computer? Interested in the information that your computer may be keeping about you that would be available to someone with the right skills and tools? We cover both of these topics and much more in this free seminar.
Did you know that Edmonds Community College has a Cleanroom, with the capability to open and repair hard drives? We also have state of the art diagnostic equipment for our students to use - the same equipment used by the big data recovery firms and government crime labs. Our students learn how to perform data recovery on damaged and malfunctioning hard drives as part of CIS 294 - Advanced Data Recovery.
This introductory seminar on digital forensics and data recovery is offered through 2017 at no cost - EdCC is the only college in the state offering this seminar. All are invited to participate, and you do not need to be a current student of EdCC. This seminar is popular and seats will go fast - we regularly have students who have traveled from out of state in attendance.
Topics Will Include:
- Data storage, hard drives and media
- Sources of data and evidence
- Forensics in a networked environment
- Computer forensics procedures - methods to start an analysis and investigation
- Computer forensics experts - becoming one
- Locating and extracting evidence from the Windows Registry
- Locating and extracting evidence related to Internet activity
- Locating and extracting evidence related to email activity
- Employment outlook
- Preparing to testify