FROM IDEA TO PROJECT, AND PROJECT TO COMPANY
Every last Saturday of the month, we meet up with student entrepreneurs between the ages of 14 to 24 who are in the midst of launching their own projects, start-ups or social enterprises.
DATE: Every last Saturday of the month
TIME: 10am to 1pm
VENUE: Level 4 *SCAPE Hubquarters
WHAT IS REACTOR VENTURES?
Reactor Ventures (RV) is a support programme for students and youths who are in the midst of working on their own projects, start-ups or social enterprises. Sometimes, schools or entrepreneurship clubs are unable to fully assist students to launch or incorporate a company. The RV programme helps to fix this.
Organized in conjuction with *SCAPE, each 3-hour meetup will see participants sharing about their progress, with peer mentors and fellow entrepreneurs giving constructive feedback on how teams may take their ideas and start-ups further.
The RV programme runs all year round, and participants may enter and leave as and when they wish. However, they are requested to;-
- Turn up if they have registered for a session. Places are limited, and no-shows deny other participants with a chance to share and receive help.
- Participate fully and keep an open mind. There are no spectators in RV, and everyone selected to join the programme is vested in the personal and professional development of everyone else. We are serious when we say we want you to succeed.
- Have fun and make friends. You'll get to meet various teams and start-ups in RV, from mobile apps to cafes, drones to services, and even farms. Each RV session is different, so turning up once a month is a great way to discover start-up tactics that you probably didn't know before.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Designed for students interested in business, tech, start-ups and social enterprise, Reactor Ventures will be most useful for;-
- Teams who are already working on a start-up idea, and need help taking it to the next level.
- Teams who are preparing for a local or overseas start-up competition.
- Student(s) who are working on an idea or project, and need help converting it into a company.
Students under the RV programme meet-up every last Saturday of the month at *SCAPE. The programme runs all year round, and participants may enter and leave as and when they wish. The following are the upcoming dates for our meetups:
- Sat, 26 Nov 2016: 10am to 1pm (DONE!)
- Sat, 31 Dec 2016: 10am to 1pm (DONE!)
- Sat, 25 February 2017: 10am to 1pm (UPCOMING!)
- Sat, 25 March 2017: 10am to 1pm
- Additional 2017 Dates TBC
9.45am | Arrival of Student Entrepreneurs & Guests
10.00am | Opening Remarks // Introduction of Guests
10.15am | Pitches & Sharing (Part 1 of 2)
11.15am | Tea Break
11.45am | Pitches & Sharing (Part 2 of 2)
1.00pm | End of Reactor Ventures Meetup
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Is there a minimum or maximum age? What do I need to do to join Reactor Ventures?
Nope, there's no minimum or maximum age; what's most important is your drive to succeed. The age range given is just an indicator; as long as you're actively working on a start-up or idea, you're welcome join in the Reactor Ventures (RV) programme.
How do I get to and from the event?
The venue is located at Level 4 Hubquarters of *SCAPE. It's a short walk away from Somerset MRT.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! Just bring yourself, an open mind, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Why is there a registration fee? Do I really need to make payment to attend?
Yes. This is a non-profit and community-run event, and the payment you make is a token sum to help cover the cost of snacks and other logistics. We've also found that charging for tickets helps to reduce the number of no-shows, whilst increasing the quality of commited participants.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any queries or concerns, feel free to drop us a note at email@example.com