Actions and Detail Panel
Sun, February 26, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM PST
This all-day workshop covers beginning to intermediate React.js concepts and practices. The focus of the day is repeating common React patterns to help you build your React muscles.
We'll start with simple data visualizations like bar charts and scatter plots, and then move into fun projects involving forms, Pinterest clones, and more!
What will I learn?
- Class and Functional Components using JSX
- Component Architecture
- Props vs. State
- Uni-Directional Data Flow
- Common React Lifecycle Hooks
- AJAX Requests
- React Router
- Styling Components
What will I build?
- You will build a series of increasingly complex apps. Repetition is key!
What will I need to bring?
- Bring a laptop with Node.js verson 6 or greater installed
- A terminal/commandline application (e.g. cmder for Windows, or iTerm2 for OSX, or Hyper for either)
- A text editor with syntax highlighting for React/JSX/ES6 (e.g. Sublime Text with Babel-Sublime syntax highlighter installed, or Atom with language-babel installed)
What are the prerequisites?
- Comfort using a terminal
Refunds will be provided only if notified at least 7 days prior to the event.