Devin will cover topics including:
- Project setup, building, and packaging
- Basic components: View, Text, Image
- Layout with flexbox
- Data persistence
- Data management
- Navigation and routing
- Network requests
- Custom native modules
- Practical app project
- Laptop computer capable of running React Native (Mac recommended)
- Basic understanding of React (component lifecycle, state vs. props)
- For a refresher, see React Native Express
About the Instructor: Devin Abbott
Devin is well known in the React Native community for his contributions to React Native tools and educational resources. He is the co-creator of Deco IDE, the free and open source IDE for React Native. He also authored the popular React Native Express guides and created interactive examples shown in the official React Native documentation.
Devin has been a consultant as a React Native expert to companies like Airbnb, Facebook, and numerous startups. He has been a speaker at events like React Native San Francisco, React Native Sydney, and Modern Web.