Actions and Detail Panel
React Fundamentals with Wes Bos
Fri, April 7, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
This workshop is aimed at understanding the fundamentals of React. Throughout the day, participants will work to build an application by incrementally learning each fundamental concept in React. By taking the time to implement it into an application, participants will get a hands-on approach to understanding why and how React works.
What will I learn?
- Creating Components and writing HTML with JSX;
- Routing with React Router;
- Understanding State and holding data;
- Passing data between components with with Props;
- Fetching data from an Ajax endpoint;
- Persisting data with LocalStorage;
- Working with Events in React;
- Working with Forms, retrieving data from DOM inputs;
- Stateless Functional Components; and
- React Deployment.
What will I build?
- http://react.beer - an interactive single-page application that lets the user explore beer options
What will I need to bring?
- Bring a laptop with the latest version of Node.js installed, running latest OSX or Windows
- A terminal/commandline application (Ex. cmder for Windows, or iTerm2 for OSX)
- A text editor (Ex. Sublime Text with Babel-Sublime syntax highlighter installed, or Atom)
What are the prerequisites?
- Comfort moving around folder systems via the commandline
Lunch will be provided. Please contact us if you have any dietary restrictions.
Refunds for HackerYou workshops will only be given if we are notified 7 days prior to the event.