Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Designed especially for teams which include the DRE, Minister, RE committee, and any other key stakeholders to the RE program. Participants will also learn how they can connect intentionally to colleagues in sibling congregations throughout the year to manifest our interdependence by sharing support, ideas, and resources.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A TEAM? This workshop is structured to include times for small group reflection. However, we recognize that some individuals may not currently serve on a team, or may have teammates unable to participate. Please contact us if you are in this situation, and we will recommend options for participating.
PRESENTER: Kimberly Sweeney and Karen Bellavance-Grace, New England Region UUA
Faith Formation is often the largest ministry in our congregations, actively engaging the largest number of participants and volunteers across the generations. Religious Educators, parents and volunteers have big dreams for vibrant, healthy, engaging religious education programming for people of all ages and especially for children and youth.
Over and over, we hear worries about declining attendance and fear about training up the next generation of Unitarian Universalists. Some people feel sadness that their congregation’s RE program is not growing, and helpless in the face of countless headlines proclaiming the demise of church in New England.
What if you heard the good news that you are not alone?
What if you knew that what you have to offer will be enough?
What if you believed that your only job this year is to share the love and grace of Unitarian Universalism with your people?
It’s true! Together we will go beyond the headlines of despair to paint pictures of possibilities. This workshop will provide a structured way to share energizing discussions about:
- the purpose of your work (whether you are a parent, lay volunteer, or religious professional)
- identifying your church’s gifts and how they can shape your RE program
- multiple approaches to delivering curriculum that go beyond the traditional Sunday School model
- reaching out to partner with neighbors to magnify the impact of both of your ministries of faith formation
- planning strategically to right size expectations
- new tools to measure the impact of your faith formation work
Whether you are a DRE who is new to the field, new to a congregation, or just looking at new and creative ways to respond to the faith formation needs of your congregation, this workshop will help.
LOCATION: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of South County, Peace Dale, RI (Directions)
REGISTRATION FEE: $25 per person
While we know that not all individuals are in a position to pay these fees, since the learning is on behalf of the congregation, we assume that congregations will select and financially support participants who come. However, if these fees are prohibitive even to the congregation, please contact us. We do not want cost to keep anyone away.
NOTE: Please bring your own bag lunch. Morning refreshments and beverages will be provided at the Boston location.
REGISTRATION CLOSES: Tuesday, November 29th
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
- If you or a teammate needs to cancel a registration before the event, please contact us as early as possible, by one week before the event at the latest, and a refund will be provided less a $10.00 administrative fee. Within one week of the event refunds less a $10.00 administrative fee will only be given in the case of illness or emergency. Refunds will not be available after the event for non attendance. We ask for your understanding in respecting this policy, which supports our organizational efforts and expenses.
- The New England Region UUA may need to cancel an event in the case of low enrollment. We will contact you well in advance of the event and provide prompt, full refund of registration fees.
- In cases of inclement winter weather, we will try to reschedule an event if the conditions are deemed unsafe for driving.