RCRA / DOT Training (March 23, 2017)
Thursday, March 23, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
HAZARDOUS WASTE RCRA TRAINING - 40 CFR 265.16
For all waste generators, it is critical to keep up-to-date with changes to hazardous waste rules. In the U.S., the treatment, storage and disposal of hazardous waste is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
Hazardous Waste has properties that make it dangerous or capable of having a harmful effect on human health or the environment. The waste may be generated from many sources, ranging from industrial manufacturing processes to commercial and office operations. It can also come in many forms, including liquids, solids, gases and sludges.
RCRA regulations require that training is job-specific in order to ensure that employees have sufficient knowledge to perform their hazardous waste management duties in compliance with regulations.
EPA regulations require this training annually for most generators!
DOT HAZMAT REGULATIONS TRAINING 49 CFR 100-185
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) defines a hazardous material as any item or chemical which, when being transported or moved in commerce, is a risk to public safety or the environment, and is regulated as such under its Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration regulations (49 CFR 100-199), which includes the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR 171-180).
- Awareness of HAZMAT Training Regulation
- Hazardous Material Identification
- Placards and Labels
- Shipping Papers
- Reporting and Responding to Incidents
- Understanding the potential for disastrous outcome when an emergency involves hazardous materials
- Review of additional emergency response
- Ability to identify the hazards present in an emergency
- Selection and use of Personal Protective Equipment, if required
- Elements of control and containment of releases within the capabilities of the responder
- Security Awareness
Training requirements apply to any employee who:
- Loads, unloads, or handles hazardous materials
- Is responsible for safety or transporting hazardous materials
- Operates a vehicle used to transport hazardous materials
- Prepares hazardous materials or shipping papers for shipment (packaging, marking, labeling, placarding)
DOT regulations require this training every three years!
Please arrive early as training will begin promptly at 8:00 AM.
Advanced registration and payment are required.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of insufficient enrollment, Cornerstone reserves the right to cancel any course. Registrants will be notified not less than 7 days prior to the scheduled start date. Contact Cornerstone for information on our cancellation policy.
When & Where
Cornerstone Environmental, Health and Safety, Inc.
Founded in 1990, Cornerstone services clients in North America, Europe and Asia.
We provide consulting, engineering and training in the areas of Sustainability Services; Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems; Environmental Compliance Services; Safety Culture/Worker Safety/Loss Prevention; and OSHA Compliance and Training Services.
In addition, we utilize the most advanced Information Technology, and have developed customized electronic tools and software applications to support our core services.