Actions and Detail Panel
Ramadan Qur'an Course 2017 (Quran Study Group)
Sat, Jun 3, 2017, 9:00 AM – Sun, Jun 11, 2017, 5:30 PM BST
Quran Study Group presents its
10th annual Ramadan Qur'an Course: ‘JOURNEY THROUGH THE QURAN’ (2017)
By the pioneer of this course and delivered by him at Birkbeck College since 2008
Dates: Sat 3 June- Sun 4 June & Sat 10 June- Sun 11 June 2017
Times: 9.30am- 5.30pm
Tutor: Hafiz Abdullah Muhammad LLB (Hons), PGCE, MA *
Venue: Birkbeck College (University of London), Malet St, London WC1E 7HX
Cost: Only £60 inc. course materials (or £50 for the full course if paid before 8 May 2017)
The course will give an overview of the structure, themes and guidance contained in each of the 114 chapters of the Noble Qur’an. In particular, we will be looking at
- how Surah names are related to each Surah and the historical contexts of their revelation (Asbab al-Nuzul);
- the inter-textual relationship and coherence (Nazm) between verses of each Surah and the relationship with preceding / following Surahs;
- cross-referencing to other parts of the Qur’an in order to demonstrate how the “Qur’an explains the Qur’an”;
- explanation of key passages in each chapter; practical guidance and lessons that can be derived from each Surah.
- We will also be discussing linguistic and stylistic devices (Balaghah) used in the Qur’an, and some of the problems with translation and having alternative plausible interpretations.
All Course materials provided. No prior knowledge of Arabic or Islam required.
For registration on the seminar and for any queries, please email: email@example.com
* Hafiz Abdullah Muhammad studied in an Islamic School and also memorised the Qur’an by heart. He is a trained RE teacher and lawyer, and studied postgraduate Islamic Studies at SOAS and Al-Azhar University. He is the author of ‘The Best of Times in Islam’ (2002) and pioneered the annual Ramadan Course 'Journey Through the Quran' (JTQ) which he has delivered at Birkbeck College since 2008.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This booking on Eventbrite is a 'provisional booking' only and is an indication of interest only and does not bind either party. To secure a place in the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be sent details of how to register and pay for the course.