Raising Resilient Girls - JCC
Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (MDT)
Please join us for an evening with Simone Marean, Executive Director and Co-Founder of the internationally recognized Girls Leadership Institute (GLI). Simone will share with parents and teachers how to help girls practice assertive self-expression, emotional intelligence, and healthy relationships, preparing them for a life of personal and societal leadership. Her engaging presentation will cover the development of girl dynamics beginning in pre-school through high school.
When: Thursday, October 10 - 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Where: Elaine Wolf Theatre - Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center, 350 S. Dahlia Street, Denver, CO, 80246
Simone will discuss:
- How and why girls of all ages are aggressive with one another
- The Good Girl phenomenon; how the pressures of femininity, and the socialization of girls away from conflict, influences their aggressive behavior and approach to conflict
- What girls need to avoid victimization
- The importance of emotional intelligence for healthy conflict
- The importance of a plan for healthy communication and conflict at school and at home
The presentation is for adults only.
Sponsored by Denver Jewish Day School, Denver JCC Ranch Camp and Denver JCC Camp Shai.