Did you know that ALL operators of x-ray equipment must maintain CE in radiology safety?
We will help make certain that you and your staff are in compliance. You will also learn how integrating digital radiography into your dental office can improve your diagnostic abilities.
CHCI is offering the Radiology Safety CE program for Dental Professionals to meet the requirement of the Department of Environmental Protection (D.E.P.) and the Bureau of Radiation Protection (B.R.P). The course will include the following subjects:
- Basic properties of radiation
- Radiation measurement
- Sources/biological effects of radiation exposure
- Methods of radiation protection
- X-ray equipment
- Image recording and processing
- Patient exposure and positioning
- Quality assurance program and regulations
- Define key terms and describe the use of dental imaging
- Explain what happens during ionization
- Describe the properties of x-radiation
- Describe the effect of kilovoltage on the quality of the x-ray beam
- Identify the range of kilovoltage and milliamperage required for dental imaging
- Discuss the effects of radiation exposure on the human body
- Discuss the risks versus the benefits of dental imaging
- Identify the critical organs that are sensitive to radiation
- Describe the ALARA concept
- Describe methods to protect the patient and the operator from excess radiation
- Properly describe the procedure for exposing and developing digital and traditional radiographs
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of digital radiography
- Describe the components of a quality assurance program
- Explain the infection control requirements for preparing a radiography operatory
- Understanding proper patient preparation and positioning for each dental radiographic exposure
- Identify common sources of error, and how to correct these terms
Where can I learn more about the regulation?
Regulation 25 Pa. Code, Section 221.11(b)requires that any individual who operates an x-ray producing machine maintains CE in radiation safety, biological effects, quality assurance, and quality control every four years. Non-compliance can result in criminal or civil penalties. The B.R.P has issued document 291-4200-001, which can be viewed here, to explain the regulation.
Does this course satisfy the requirements for Regulation 25 Pa. Code, Section 221.11(b)?
Yes, this course will satisfy the requirement for all operators of dental x-ray equipment in Pennsylvania for 4 years. The course has been designed to provide each attendee with 3 contact hours of Continuing Education that includes the topics listed in Appendix A of 291-4200-001. A copy of your certificate of attendance should be provided to the owner of the x-ray equipment to confirm that all operators have completed the required continuing education. CHCI will submit CE credits on behalf of anyone belonging to the AGD (Academy of General Dentistry).
Do I receive Continuing Education (CE) Credits?
Yes, you will receive 3 Continuing Education Credits in subject code #731-Digital Radiology/Oral Medicine, Diagnosis, Pathology from CHCI, an Academy of General Dentistry approved provider (AGD PACE Provider ID345134). You should submit a copy your certificate of attendance to your credentialing body (ADA, Dental Specialty, Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, Laboratory Technician, Etc.) to receive credit for 3 Continuing Education Units (or 3 contact hours).
Do you appear on the list of approved dental resources?
Yes, we are an approved continuing education dental resource, as reviewed by the D.E.P. The list can be viewed here.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact CHCI directly by email at CHCIcareer@gmail.com or by phone at 610-363-9170.
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely, just contact us at the above phone number or email address to update your registration.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we will have a record of your enrollment.
What is the refund policy?
A full refund is issued if cancellation is made at least 14 days before the event.
Is the course offered at other times or locations?
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete list of course offerings.