Racial Justice Leadership Institute at Facing Race 2016 (Discounted Ticket for Facing Race Attendees*)
Thursday, November 10, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Racial Justice Leadership Institute, developed by Race Forward: The Center for Racial Justice Innovation, is an interactive training for those who wish to sharpen their skills and strategies to address structural racism and advance racial equity. Unlike “diversity trainings” which primarily focus on interpersonal relations and understanding, the Institute emphasizes how to challenge and change institutional racial inequities.
- Racial Justice Values & Vision
- Key Concepts: Different Dimensions of Racism / Structural Racism
- Implicit Bias and Systems Analysis
- Opportunities to Advance Racial Justice
- Build a clear understanding of key concepts such as racial equity and structural racism;
- Learn to talk about race constructively within their organizations and with their constituents;
- Gain tools and practices for counteracting racial bias in their work and practices;
- Identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to advance racial equity.
Kindly direct any questions about the Racial Justice Leadership Insitute to Araguaney Rodriguez Da Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Race Forward: The Center for Racial Justice Innovation
Race Forward advances racial justice through research, media and practice. Founded in 1981, Race Forward brings systemic analysis and an innovative approach to complex race issues to help people take effective action toward racial equity. Race Forward publishes the daily news site Colorlines and presents Facing Race, the country’s largest multiracial conference on racial justice.