Race for the Animals
Sunday, June 30, 2013 from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
Lace up your shoes and come run or walk an extinct volcano!
Enjoy tree shaded trails and lovely views around
Mt. Tabor's three reservoirs and the summit.
Finish the fun with a post-run/walk picnic and free chair massage!
A great time for the whole family!
This is a casual, fun event with a friendly spirit of coming together to enjoy beautiful scenery and to make a difference for the animals, the planet and your health!
Benefiting Northwest VEG's education and outreach efforts and Out To Pasture Sanctuary.
Short and long sleeve organic cotton t-shirts are available by pre-order only after registration. Very limited quantities available!
- Check-in at the main picnic shelter by the playground - begins 7:30am.
- 10K start time: 8:30am
- 5K start time: 9:00am
- Bib Pick-Up onsite 7:30-8:45am
- Post Run Picnic: Sweet and savory foods from fruit to kale salad, breads with sweet or savory toppings to food bars, teas and juices all from our wonderful donors for race participants!
- Massage: Free chair massage to loosen those tight muscles post-run!
- Awards: While awards will be given to the first female and male finishers in each age group, this event is really all about fun, saving animals and the environment!
- Age Groups: 18 and under, 19-35, 36-50, 51 and over (male and female groups).
- A simple course map and directions will be given out at check-in. In addition, the course will be marked.
- Single file running or walking is advised, as the course is narrow in parts. Please stay to your right and pass on the left.
- Wearing headphones is not advised.
Course Maps (pdf downloads). The course is subject to change without notice. Distances are approximate to the best of our ability. Please note that the map provided by Portland Parks is not comprehensive and does not show all trails.
Volunteers Needed! If you would like to volunteer for set-up, be a course guide, clean-up, or any of the many fun volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- Biking: Bike parking is located near the picnic shelter next to the restrooms.
- TriMet: Plan a route using the TriMet website: trimet.org (Use SE Belmont St & SE 60th Ave as your destination address.)
- Parking: There is neighborhood parking available within a few blocks of the park.
- Allow plenty of time to walk from neighborhood parking or transit to the start.
- There is no parking available within the park for this event.
What can't I bring to the event?
- Pets, bikes, and baby joggers are not allowed.
- Northwest VEG is not responsible for personal belongings. Please leave valuables at home.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email email@example.com or call 503-746-8344 (messages only).
What is the refund policy?
Registration is non-refundable.
Thanks to our great supporters and donors!
When & Where
Northwest VEG is a non-profit 501(c)(3) group in the Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA area. Founded in 2003, we are dedicated to bringing awareness to the power of a veg lifestyle and helping support people in their transition toward making healthier, more sustainable & compassionate food choices. We welcome everyone, and encourage you to explore veg issues at your own pace. Our purpose is to:
- Build, support & maintain community in a fun environment
- Build, connect & network in the larger community
- Provide education & outreach
- Be a responsible, effective, transparent organization
- Provide expertise & serve as a resource to the community on veg issues
- Create positive change & make the world a better place
Click here to view all of Northwest VEG's ongoing projects and community offerings.