Come give and get some warmth from your community on Sunday, December 4th. Hot coffee, donuts, hugs, affirming words, smiles and sweaters all on the menu.
We were originally planning on gathering warm clothes for the Downtown Women's Center. Due to the immediate needs of our queer, trans and two-spirit community at Standing Rock we are accepting donations to winterize their camps. Bring jackets, hats, scarves, gloves, hand warmers, boots, wool socks, wool thermal underwear/long underwear, ski gear, sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts, and wool blankets and we'll ship them! If you'd like to make a monetary donation you can either donate directly to the Oceti Sakowin Camp (the main camp of the water protectors) by following the link or you can donate cash in person and we will send it to the fund for you. http://www.ocetisakowincamp.org/donate
Don't forget to BYOC (Bring Your Own Champagne) for mimosas and we'll provide the OJ. If you like being green remember to bring your own cup but we'll have plenty of paper cups on hand.
Remember all guests must RSVP via Eventbrite. There is a sliding scale suggested donation of $5-10 to help cover our costs. $20 pays for you and someone who is facing financial challenges. You can donate on Eventbrite or in person. No one turned away for lack of funds.
If you’d like to help out we'd love a hand. Send an email to QCD@hicuties.com. It's a great way to meet new people and help us taste those donuts.
We love seeing you trade digits ^_~. We'll have calling cards out on the tables so you can share your info or jot down an email address for that cutie you just met.
A few things to remember:
1. Queers and allies are welcome. LGBTQIA+! We welcome all ages but all folks under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
2. All guests must RSVP through Eventbrite to get the address. Do not publish the address or advertise it on social media. The Eventbrite link is on the top of the page.
3. Wear whatever you feel fabulous in but no nudity, please.
4. This event is happening outdoors.
5. Don't assume people's pronouns: ask.
6. We are a consent positive space. Only touch others with their express permission and please ask before you take someone's picture.
7. Substances - Please smoke on the sidewalk down by the street. This includes cigarettes, pipes and vaporizors. There will be BYOB alcohol. Being altered is no excuse for not being on your best behavior.
8. This is a hate-speech free zone. Mircoaggressions aren't cool either.
9. Transportation Info - Public transportation information will go out via email the day before.
10. Accessibility – We will update accessibility information shortly.
If you have any questions or concerns before, during or after the event don’t hesitate to find Iris or Virginia in person, text or call 323-200-9059, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to find out about more events like this one? Like our facebook page "Hi Cuties" http://bit.ly/26kY1Zc and subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly roundup and get access to our monthly event calendar at hicuties.com.