Three-day small-group workshop. Six participants maximum.
March 15, 16 and 17, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm each day
Instructor: Dr. Ricardo B. Contreras
What are the registration fees?
- Students: $400.00
- Staff of educational/non-for-profit organizations: $500.00
- Staff of corporate organizations: $600.00
Do you offer an early bird registration rate?
Yes. We offer a 20% discount if registering by February 15, 2017.
Do I have to take a laptop to class?
Yes, please bring a laptop to class. If you cannot do so, we will provide you one. Please specify that in the registration form.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You may call to 1-886-880-0231/1-541-286-4391 or email us (see Contact below)
Do you accept payment by check or invoice/purchase order?
Yes, we do. Please contact us for more information.
What is the refund policy?
You may request a full refund up to 7 days before the day of the workshop. After that, we will refund 75% of the registration fee.
To what airport should I flight?
- Portland International Airport (PDX), located 97 miles north of Corvallis. The HUT Shuttle takes passangers from the airport to the Corvallis Hilton Garden Inn. Reservations are required. Reserve online here.
- Eugene airport (EUG) is located 35 miles south of Corvallis. OmniShuttle takes passangers from the aiport to Corvallis. Reservations are required. Call 541-461-7959.
What hotels are nearby?
- Corvallis Hilton Garden Inn (click here). Distance from the training location: 1.1 miles (walkable). (The HUT Shuttle from the Portland airport stops at this hotel).
- Holiday Inn Express Corvallis-On The River (click here). Distance from the training location: 0.7 milies (walkable).
We recommend making the hotel room reservation soon after purchasing the course.
What have former participants said about this workshop?
This course was wonderful. Ricardo was incredibly knowledgeable not only about ATLAS.ti, but about qualitative research as well. I learned the program inside and out, and I left the training with a renewed energy and enthusiasm for my own project. I highly recommend this course.
Colleen Becket-Davenport, M.A.
Staff Research Associate
Northern California Institute for Research and Education, San Francisco, CA, July 7 2016
I was impressed that the trainer has expertise in qualitative research design in addition to his technical knowledge. He listened to members of our group and understood the nature of the research we do. As a result, he could show us how to let our methodological and epistemological commitments guide our use of Atlas-ti. As a result, the value of the training went well beyond instruction in the technical capabilities of the software.
Associate Professor, Sociology, Brock University, April 29, 2016
A great two days of sessions. Really relevant and most helpful that trainer is an experienced qualitative researcher. Inspired me to think about new possibilities for my analysis.
Brock University, April 29, 2016
Can't think of any right now. I really got a lot out of the course and would attend it again just as it was. I really liked the small class size. Ricardo did a great job teaching. The venue was very nice and comfortable. I also liked having the class in downtown Chicago- it was a nice place to visit. If anything, I would maybe consider making the third day a full day. I'm definitely glad we had the third day even if it was a half day.
Professor, Seattle, November 11, 2015