Become a Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP). Classes with Ohana Guidance are split over 2 days. July 2017 Classes are as follows:
Day 1: Saturday July 15, 9am-5 pm
Day 2: Sunday July 16, 9am-5 pm
A QMAP can:
- Administer medications according to written physician's orders.
- Maintain proper documentation of the administration of both prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- Use proper techniques when administering medications by various routes.
- Safely and accurately fill and administer medications to and from medication reminder boxes with oversight from a licensed person or qualified manager.
- Administer medications only in authorized settings:
- Assisted living residences.
- Adult foster care facilities.
- Alternative care facilities.
- Residential child care facilities.
- Secure residential treatment centers.
- State certified adult day programs.
- Program approved service agencies (PASA) serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
A QMAP isn't:
- Certified or licensed.
- Trained or authorized to make any type of judgment, assessment or evaluation of a client.