Actions and Detail Panel
QMAP Class -- April 8 and 9, 2017
Sat, Apr 8, 2017, 9:00 AM – Sun, Apr 9, 2017, 5:00 PM MDT
Become a Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP). Classes with Ohana Guidance are split over 2 days. April 2017 Classes are as follows:
Day 1: Saturday April 8, 9am-5pm
Day 2: Sunday April 9, 9am-5pm
Park in the Olde Town Hub at 7510 Grand View Ave. From here, go north on Olde Wadsworth Blvd, then west on Grand View Ave. to Yukon and make a right. Then it's about 1 1/2 blocks to the building.
A QMAP can:
- Administer medications according to written physician's orders.
- Maintain proper documentation of the administration of both prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- Use proper techniques when administering medications by various routes.
- Safely and accurately fill and administer medications to and from medication reminder boxes with oversight from a licensed person or qualified manager.
- Administer medications only in authorized settings:
- Assisted living residences.
- Adult foster care facilities.
- Alternative care facilities.
- Residential child care facilities.
- Secure residential treatment centers.
- State certified adult day programs.
- Program approved service agencies (PASA) serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
A QMAP isn't:
- Certified or licensed.
- Trained or authorized to make any type of judgment, assessment or evaluation of a client.