Actions and Detail Panel
QCI WRITTEN Review & WRITTEN Exam (C330)
Wed, May 17, 2017, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
A Note About Ticket Types:
There are three different Ticket Types. You will need to choose the appropriate one in order to register.
WA State Weatherization (WX) Agency, Tribal, or WA State Department of Commerce Staff:
Those who are employees of a Commerce-recognized WA State Wx Agency, a staff member of one of WA State's Tribes (with approval by Commerce), or Commerce staff. The list of Commerce-recognized WA State Weatherization Agencies can be viewed here.
WA State Wx Agency-Associated Contractor:
Contractors working under one of the WA State Wx Agencies (see above). At registration, you will be required to list the WA State Wx Agency(ies) you are associated with.
General Public/Non-Associated Contractor:
Those who neither work for nor under (as a contractor) one of the WA State Wx Agencies (see above).
***The WRITTEN portion of the exam is also available to take with the FIELD exam on the same date. Please see our Courses list for more details.***
Quality Control Inspector QCI WRITTEN Review & WRITTEN Exam
Written Review Training = 4 hours;
Exam - WRITTEN ONLY = 2.5 hours
BPI CEUs: TBD
Quality Control Inspector (QCI) WRITTEN Review
8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Half-day review in preparation for the QCI written exam.
- Review the inspector skills and test-taking strategies
- This training is scheduled immediately prior to the QCI certification exams at BPC.
- Students should already have received written approval from Building Performance Institute (BPI) to take the QCI Certification Exams.
- Students should be familiar with the following QCI diagnostic tests: CFM50, duct pressurization tests (“total leakage” or “leakage to outside”), and Combustion Safety Tests per BPI’s Technical Standards for the Building Analyst Professional.
Course Summary: This half-day training serves as a final review for the BPI Quality Control Inspector certification written exam. The refresher takes place in the classroom, students will review the inspector skills and test-taking strategies needed during the QCI certification written exam. Instructors for this course will incorporate lecture, class discussion, and written exam practice questions. For the convenience of those taking the QCI exams, this refresher is scheduled back to back with the QCI written and field certification exams occurring at the BPC.
Course will Review:
▪ Inspection workflow, including file review and on-site visual inspection of completed projects
▪ QCI Soft Skills as identified by the QCI Job Task Analysis
▪ Test-taking strategies for the and Written Exam
After this course students will be able to:
▪ Identify and discuss QCI soft skills as found in the QCI Job Task Analysis
▪ Apply written-test strategies
Quality Control Inspector (QCI) Written Exam
1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
BPI QCI Written portion of the exam. Candidates will have 2.5 hours to complete the Written exam online.