Actions and Detail Panel
QCI Field Review / Building Diagnostics (C342)
Tue, July 11, 2017, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
A Note About Ticket Types:
There are three different Ticket Types. You will need to choose the appropriate one in order to register.
WA State Weatherization (WX) Agency, Tribal, or WA State Department of Commerce Staff:
Those who are employees of a Commerce-recognized WA State Wx Agency, a staff member of one of WA State's Tribes (with approval by Commerce), or Commerce staff. The list of Commerce-recognized WA State Weatherization Agencies can be viewed here.
WA State Wx Agency-Associated Contractor:
Contractors working under one of the WA State Wx Agencies (see above). At registration, you will be required to list the WA State Wx Agency(ies) you are associated with.
General Public/Non-Associated Contractor:
Those who neither work for nor under (as a contractor) one of the WA State Wx Agencies (see above).
Quality Control Inspector Field Review / Building Diagnostics
BPI CEUs: TBD
- One-day review in preparation for the QCI exams.
- Training lab and classroom components
- Review the inspector skills and test-taking strategies
- This training is scheduled immediately prior to the QCI certification exams at BPC.
- Students should already have received written approval from Building Performance Institute (BPI) to take the QCI Certification Exams.
- Students should be familiar with the following QCI diagnostic tests: CFM50, duct pressurization tests (“total leakage” or “leakage to outside”), and Combustion Safety Tests per BPI’s Technical Standards for the Building Analyst Professional.
Course Summary: This one-day training serves as a final review of technical skills for the BPI Quality Control Inspector certification exams. The refresher takes place in the training lab and the classroom, students will review the inspector skills and test-taking strategies needed during the QCI certification exams. Instructors for this course will incorporate hands-on practice, class discussion, and student assessment. For the convenience of those taking the QCI exams, this refresher is scheduled back to back with the QCI written and field certification exams occurring at the BPC.
Course will Review:
▪ Blower Door, zonal pressures and pressure pan testing
▪ Duct Leakage Testing: total leakage and leakage to outside
▪ Combustion Safety Tests
▪ Pressure Diagnostics: zonal pressures, pressure pan testing, and fan flow measurement
▪ Inspection workflow, including file review and on-site visual inspection of completed projects
▪ Test-taking strategies for the Field Exam
After this course students will be able to:
▪ Conduct diagnostic tests as required by QCI Field Exam
▪ Use the BPI QCI Field Guide as a resource during the QCI certification Field Exam
▪ Apply time management and a typical inspection workflow to strategize their QCI Field Exam effort