Would you like to learn Python in a non-alpha geek, friendly environment? Come out to the fourth PyStar MPLS to get started learning this amazingly intuitive programming language.
These workshops are modeled after the RailsBridge "Ruby on Rails for Women" courses and are targeted at women who are new to programming, or new to Python. All skill levels & interests welcome.
This course is aimed at female identified folks; if you do not identify as such you are welcome to come if you are the guest of a female identified person. Please feel free to get in touch if you have questions.
You will need:
* A laptop running Windows XP or later, Mac OS X 10.5 or greater, or some flavor of Linux or BSD.
* Please set up your laptop with the required software (**ignore the instructions for virtualenv as we will not be using it!**): http://pystar.org/setup_machine.html
* If you are having troubles setting up your machine, please come early. Guides will be at Clockwork at 9am and plan to use the time between 9-10am for setup help and other questions.
* We also need volunteers! If you have programmed before, consider becoming a group guide and help participants with the material.
* Please ask if you need child care (or assistance), ASL interpretation, mobility access, or help with other access barriers. Clockwork is mobility accessible.
* You do not actually need to print out your tickets, despite what eventbrite tells you. :)
When & Where
The PyStar program is a workshop designed to teach all women (including trans women) and their friends who are looking to learn how to program in a friendly non-alpha-geek environment.