Join us for this educational forum on a wide range of issues related to putting a price on carbon.
• What are the scientific, economic and ethical arguments in favor of a carbon tax?
• What are the practical and political barriers to implementation?
• How should climate activists in NYC organize around these challenges?
Scheduled speakers are:
• Dr. James Hansen, Director, Climate Science Awareness and Solutions Program at Columbia University Earth Institute
• Charles Komanoff, Director, Carbon Tax Center
• Cecil Corbin-Mark, Deputy Director and Director of Policy, WE ACT for Environmental Justice
• Robert Werner, Citizens' Climate Lobby
• Mark Dunlea, 350NYC & Green Education and Legal Fund
Organized by 350NYC. Hosted by NYC Grassroots Alliance.