Feel confident to embellish any project with applique designs of your choice! Join us for a two-part class: on Friday, Sept 16 (6:30 - 8:30 p.m.) we will work on our background and learn about applique as art. Saturday, Sept 17 (10 a.m. - 3 p.m.) will be all about learning three different ways to add applique to your projects. Author and pattern designer, Judy Livingston will discuss which techniques work best for different types of designs, fabrics, and desired results. You'll also learn three different stitches for sewing down the applique: narrow zig-zag, buttonhole, and invisible machine applique.
We will review Mastering by Machine Applique by Harriet Hargrave, an excellent reference book for many types of applique with your sewing machine. It is highly recommended that you purchase the book, available in-store in late August.
- Basting glue (such as Roxanne’s Glue-Baste It, available in-store)
- Double-sided fusible (Wonder Under or Soft Fuse are recommended)
- Sewing Machine and new needles
- Small portable iron and pressing pad
- Knitted interfacing fusible (such as Palmer Pletsch PerfectFuse Sheer)
- Invisible thread
- Threads to match fabric colors, can use a pre-wound bobbin assortment.
- Mary Ellen’s Best Press (available in-store)
- Paintbrush for applying Best Press
- ¾ yard Solid Grey
- scraps of various colors, at least 5" square
- one 10” square of small scale B&W print
- ¼ yard of brown texture print
- Light box for tracing (one will be available for sharing with all students)
CANCELLATION POLICY You may receive a full refund of your event fee if you contact Fabric Depot of your request at least 3 days before the event. There will be no refund if we receive notification of your inability to attend the event with less than 3 days’ notice. Sorry, but there are no exceptions to our policy.