Actions and Detail Panel
Public Policy Day: Combatting Hunger through Sustainability and Action
Mon, April 3, 2017, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM PDT
Be a trusted advocate for nutrition and health policies to elevate the health of our nation! Professionals and students alike should not miss this exciting opportunity to learn how to effectively educate policymakers on issues related to your profession!
- Innovative food, nutrition and health policies affecting professionals and the public.
- How citizens, local health departments, community organizations, and policymakers collaborate to enhance our public's health.
- Ways to take action and get involved in public policy!
- Registration starts at 8:00 am, presentations will start promptly at 8:30 am
- Light refreshments will be served
- 5 Free CPEU's requested for RD and DTR professionals
- Space is limited to the first 150 registrants
- Waste Not OC Coalition
- Los Angeles Department of Public Health
- California Food Policy Advocates
- California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Director of Sustainability for Councilmember Paul Kortez
- Food Forward
- Food Recovery Network
- CSUN Food Bank
- The Institute for Sustainability
- CSUN's Dietetic Internship Program
- More to come!
What are my parking options?
There is limited street parking on the east side of campus off of Zelzah Avenue. Parking is also available in Structure G3, located on Zelzah Ave and Prairie Street (see CSUN Map). There is a daily parking fee of $6.00. Daily parking permits may be purchased from a parking permit dispenser (located in the structure) or from one of the attendant booths (located outside of the structure).
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions, you may contact Maria Inauen at email@example.com, Luba Rosenblum at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Annette Besnilian, Executive Director of the Marilyn Magaram Center, at email@example.com.
This event is hosted by: CSUN Oviatt Library, CSUN Dietetic Internship, The Marilyn Magaram Center, CA Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - Los Angeles District.
Date and Time
California State University Northridge
Delmar T Oviatt Library, Presentation Room
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330