San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SAN LEANDRO, CALIFORNIA; OCTOBER 28TH - 29TH
Join UIX Global and our international community of thought leaders and early adopters at the Zero Net Energy Center for a two-day conference, expo, and workshops focusing on how the Smart Cities revolution is fundamentally transforming the communities in which we all live, work, and play.
Prototyping the Future invites global and local policy makers, clean tech startups and companies, smart city developers, community members, hackers, and makers to ignite and excite global and local communities about the prospect of Greener-Smarter Cities.
DAY 1 - OCTOBER 28TH (8am - 6 pm with closign reception)
Day one will feature panels and keynotes from both public and private sectors - featured speakers:
- Deborah Acosta, Chief Innovation Officer of the City of San Leandro
- Greg Horowitt, Co-Founder & Managing Director T2 Venture
- Gil Friend, Chief Sustainability Officer of the City of Palo Alto
- Randy Hencken, Executive Director, Seasteading Institute
- Mark Esguerra, Principal of Distributed Energy Planning, PG&E
DAY2 - OCTOER 29TH:
Morning Workshops (9am - 12 pm) on:
- The Future of Cities - Opportunities for Startups
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality and Civic Engagement
- Reaching 50% carbon reduction and beyond - Strategies for Civic/Community Engagement
- Seasteading; Piloting a Floating City in the South Pacific
A lunchtime Keynote by Gordon Feller, Cisco Systems HQ, IEC (12pm - 1pm)
An Afternoon facilitated visit to Illuminate the Arts (2pm - 5pm)
PROTOTYPING THE FUTURE 2016 WILL FEATURE CONTENT FOCUSED ON:
- Smart grid / Clean Energy Microgrids
- Future / Smart Cities
- Urban farming
- Automation & Workforce Development
- Advanced manufacturing
- Urban Art and Creativity
- Shared Purpose; Civic / Community Engagement
NOTE: This program is sponsored by UIX Global, LLC. Use of school facilities does not constitute support of or endorsement by the Alameda County Electrical Industry Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust.
When & Where
UIX Global is an economic development consulting agency that specializes in Program-Based Planning (PBP) to co-create innovation ecosystems rooted in sustainability and local culture, with an experiential approach. UIX Global's local community engagement models are values-based, activities oriented, and culture driven, recognizing that creativity, cooperation, and civic engagement are the cornerstones of economic vitality. We are informed by Silicon Valley corporate innovation models and the emergent processes for innovation ecosystem development in San Francisco, which is pioneering integrated multi-sector, participatory, economic development engagements.