A six session course for teens ages 15 to 19 who are living with mental health issues.
Class meets on Tuesdays from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Participants are expected to attend all six sessions.
Progression is designed to empower young people to take charge of their lives and deal with the issues they are facing in a healthy and effective way. Progression offers a safe space where teens can feel comfortable talking about what they’re going through. The course is taught by a team of young adults who have been there themselves.
Progression helps teens understand:
- How to maintain good mental health
- How to recognize signs of stress, anxiety, depression, and bipolar
- How to help friends, parents, and siblings understand what they’re going through
- Different types of treatments options
- The benefits and risks of different medications along with skills for coping with side effects
NAMI Minnesota Cancellation Policy
NAMI Minnesota thanks you for registering to attend one of our classes. We understand that unforeseen situations arise and you may need to cancel your registration. If you are unable to attend, a substitute individual is welcome to attend in your place, but NAMI Minnesota must be notified in writing (e-mail is acceptable) with the name and contact information for the person who will be attending. NAMI Minnesota reserves the right to cancel any event, conference or class due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If there is a cancellation, participants will be notified by telephone and/or email as soon as possible. We will make reasonable efforts to reschedule.