Take part in this competition to win wide range of prizes.
1st Place: 6,000 AED
2nd Place: 3,000 AED
3rd Place: 1,500 AED
- This is a 4-hour onsite programming competition.
- Each team has to solve a few programming challenges.
- At the end of the challenge, your code will be evaluated by a team of academics from HWU.
- Winners will be decided and given prizes on the same day.
Registration Deadline: 8th of January 2017
Competition & Award Ceremony: 28th of January 2017 from 09:00 to 16:30
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus, Dubai International Academic City
- The competition is open to students in Grades 13 and 12.
- Registration is free.
- Each school/college may register up to three teams.
- Each team should be comprised of three students.
- Team members' names must be indicated individually.
- Internet is not allowed to be used during the competition.
- Each teams can bring a maximum of two general programming books.
- Winners will be judged by Computer Science staff in the School of Mathematical & Computer Sciences at Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus. Their decisions are final and are not open to appeal.
- There will be one prize for the best, second and third submissions.
- Prizes will be awarded at a ceremony held at Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus.Once the competition results are announced, winner schools may use their achievements for publicity purposes.
- Registration will be deemed to grant Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus permission to mention the school's participation in further publicity about the competition.
- If prizes are donated by third parties, then school acceptance of a prize will be deemed to give that third party permission to mention their entry for publicity purposes.
- The programming problems to solve will be given on day of competition.
- They will be general problems such as sorting problems, search problems, etc.
- A Maximum of three groups per school is allowed to participate.
- Each group should be comprised of three students.
- Each group can bring two programming books.
- Can choose any programming language.
- Knowledge of how to write loops and arrays would help.
- You can use our PCs or use your own laptop.
Please register latest by 8 January 2017 at: