Improving Enterprises is now offering the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Developer certification course. This unique and intensive three-day experience for software developers guides teams on how to turn product requirements into potentially shippable increments of software using the Scrum framework, Visual Studio, and modern software engineering practices. Attendees will work in self-organizing, self-managing teams using a common instance of Team Foundation Server.
Scrum will be experienced through a combination of lecture, demonstration, discussion, and hands-on exercises. Attendees will learn how to do Scrum correctly while being coached and critiqued by the instructor.
- This course is suitable for any member of a software development team—architect, programmer, database developer, tester, etc. Entire teams are encouraged to attend and experience the course together, but individuals are welcome too.
- Attendees will self-organize to form cross- functional Scrum teams. These teams require an aggregate of skills specific to the selected case study. Please see the last page of this document for specific details.
- Product Owners, ScrumMasters, and other stakeholders are welcome too, but keep in mind that everyone who attends will be expected to commit to work and pull their weight on a Scrum team.
Participants will learn to:
- Form effective teams
- Explore and understand legacy "Brownfield" architecture
- Define quality attributes, acceptance criteria, and "done"
- Create automated builds
- How to handle software hotfixes
- Verify that bugs are identified and eliminated
- Plan releases and sprints
- Estimate product backlog items
- Create and manage a sprint backlog
- Hold an effective sprint review
- Improve your process by using retrospectives
- Use emergent architecture to avoid technical debt
- Use Test Driven Development as a design tool
- Setup and leverage continuous integration
- Use Test Impact Analysis to decrease testing times
- Manage SQL Server development in an Agile way
- Use .NET and T-SQL refactoring effectively
- Build, deploy, and test SQL Server databases
- Create and manage test plans and case
- Create, run, record, and play back manual tests
- Setup a branching strategy and branch code
- Write more maintainable code
- Identify and eliminate people and process dysfunctions
- Inspect and improve your team's software development process
Save This Event
Improving - Houston
10111 Richmond Ave
Improving - Houston
Improving believes that the best way to learn is through the application of knowledge in real-world environments. We specialize in creating situated, hands-on learning solutions for our customers in the areas of agile processes, object-oriented design, and test-driven development.