San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
“Surviving and Thriving in a 24/7 World”
Is work-life balance dead? Technology lets us be always connected, workplaces have fewer people to do more work, the speed of information and global reach demands 24/7 responsiveness, and things keep changing faster that we can keep up. Is there no hope?
We think there is. Come join us and get some new perspectives on what it takes to stay sane in this “new normal.” Maybe we can’t easily change the environment we find ourselves in but we can change the way we think about it and how we respond to it.
Breakfast and a speaker don’t usually change your life, but who knows? Don’t miss the chance!
Dr. Nina Polok is currently the Program Executive for UCCS’s unique Bachelor of Innovation™ Family of Degrees. But that’s not what qualifies her to talk on this subject. Her qualifications for speaking on the topic of work-life balance are drawn from her own life experience:
• * Advancing to the leadership team of a division of an international company by the time she was 26
• * Completing a PhD program 100 miles away from home, starting when her children were 1 and 5 years old
• * Teaching full time while raising two kids and starting a consulting business
• * Advancing to the leadership team of a business unit in another international company with 5 divisions and 2000 employees in 25 countries
• * Filling up a passport while training and consulting around the world
• * Managing the Bachelor of Innovation™ program, two LLCs, an aging mother and finding time to be with the new granddaughter!
Work-life balance has been a life-long pursuit. After all of that she must have acquired some wisdom somewhere!