Professional Boundaries: Creating Healthy Client Relationships
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
LUNCH LEARNING SERIES:
Community Health Worker Continuing Education
in Client Engagement:
Creating Healthy Relationships
This training will equip Community Health Workers with the skills needed to establish and maintain (healthy) relationships with their clients.
- Professional boundaries
- Eight (8) key components of healthy client relationships
- Violations and consequences
Bring your lunch and join us!!
This training is free of charge, but please register on line.
- Participants will be able to define the terms “healthy and unhealthy” as they relate to professional relationships.
- Participants will be able to identify the components of professional boundaries in the Human Service field.
- Participants will be able to recognize the importance of professional boundaries.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate appropriate boundaries as it relates to consumer / client.
- Participants will know the eight core principals for maintaining professional boundaries.
- Participants will be able to identify the consequences of having poor professional boundaries.
- Participants will be able to recognize the importance of having clear professional boundaries.
- Participants will be able to recognize the Code of Ethics for Human Service Professionals.
(1-hour state-certified continuning education credit for Community Health Workers)
Wednesday, May 15th 2013
12 - 1 p.m.
Building EAD; Room 703 (Building "1" on map below)
Park in Lot 7 (Visitor Parking).
(SEE MAP BELOW)
For more information, contact Jeff Moon at 817.735.0526