Process Mining Training
How can you get value out of your existing data in a way that supports your business process improvement initiatives? How can data analytics help your company to become a process-oriented organization?
Process mining is a new data analytics technology that focuses on processes. With process mining, you can make your actual processes visible and measurable. By automatically discovering process maps that show how these processes are really running, and where the bottlenecks are, process mining is your fast track to meaningful process control. Instead of just gut feeling, you can now have reliable proof that you can show to your boss and get the support you need.
For consultants, process mining represents a powerful and visual tool to show your clients their own processes, in a matter of seconds. Help your customers become data-driven, and make your engagements more valuable by focusing your improvement initiatives on the right points of action.
This course is right for you if:
- You are responsible for a process in your organization, and you want more transparency for your process
- You are a business analyst who helps other people in your organization to understand, control, and improve their processes
- You are a consultant who helps clients to redesign and improve their processes to keep up with the changing and competetive business environments
- You are an auditor who needs to provide higher level of assurance or needs to work in a more efficient way
- You are working in the IT department, and your role is to help business users get the information they need to support decision making
If you have used process mining before, then you know how easy it is to get started. Nevertheless, there are numerous questions that pop up quickly once you want to start using process mining in a real project:
- How much data do I need to get good results?
- How can I be sure I am not making mistakes and get results that are actually wrong?
- How does process mining fit in my current process analysis approach?
We at Fluxicon love process mining, and we have been working in this field already for more than ten years. After finishing our PhDs with Prof. Wil van der Aalst at TU Eindhoven, we founded Fluxicon to build Disco, the best process mining software for professionals. Our mission is to spread the word about process mining, and to bring the community closer together. We regularly write about process mining on our blog and in our newsletter, and we organize Process Mining Camp, the annual conference for process mining professionals.
From working with our Disco users and the process mining newcomers in the community, we continously see the questions they ask and the things they miss when they start out. In this course, we put all our experience together and give you the essentials that you need to know to be ready for using process mining in practice.
We have all seen too many courses where dozens of participants receive an overwhelming amount of abstract lectures. The examples given are clearly made up and idealized. As a result, you either fall asleep, or you can't ask your questions, because that annoying guy in the first row always dominates the discussion. And to top it off, you have that sneaking suspicion that your lecturer has started learning about the topic only a few weeks ago, and has never done a real project himself.
In this course, we work interactively in small groups, to make sure that every participant leaves fully prepared, with all questions answered. We show real examples and give you more than enough time to practice hands-on. Rather than assuming only "good weather data", we get down to the actual data quality check and data cleaning tasks that you often need to do in practice. We give you our tried-and-tested project methodology that guides you through the necessary steps. Your course will be given by Dr. Anne Rozinat, who is not only a noted academic expert on process mining, but has more than ten years of experience in practical process mining projects.
What you will learn:
- What process mining is and how it works
- Which benefits process mining provides (and what it cannot do)
- How process mining relates to technologies like data mining, business intelligence, and simulation
- Which information systems provide suitable data for process mining
- How to identify which data is needed for a process mining analysis
- How you can spot data quality problems before they negatively affect your analysis results
- How to clean and prepare your data for analysis
- How to break down a complex process into more managable parts for analysis
- What the typical process mining analysis questions are and how you can answer them
- What the phases of a process mining project are and how you should structure your project
- Who are the stakeholders you should involve in the project, and at which point in time
- How process mining can be integrated into process improvement methodologies such as Lean and Lean Six Sigma, or TOC
- How process mining fits into process automation and transformation projects
Theoretical knowledge is important, but it is only through practical application that we learn the best. That is why, in this course, you will solve real problems on your own laptop, using our powerful process mining software Disco.
And when the course day is over, you are only just getting started with process mining:
- You will receive our training materials, so that you can review them and repeat the exercises.
- The course fees also include a 30-day full training license for Disco, so you can apply your newly-acquired knowledge on your own data after the course.
- About one month after the training, join us for a two-hour web meeting, where you can ask any follow-up questions that you have had since.
In addition to our 1-day Basics training, we now offer an intense 2-day course for the first time. In the first day, you will learn the foundations of process mining and get started with first hands-on exercises. On the second day, we will tacke advanced topics and run through a complete project in small-step exercises for you to follow.
The next 2-day training takes place on (choose the desired date in the Ticket Information head above):
- Monday, 30 March + Tuesday, 31 March 2015 (sold out - contact us for new dates)
We have a very limited number of seats available, since we want to keep the training groups small, intimate, and productive. Sign up now, and make sure you don't miss this opportunity!
PS: If these dates don't work for you, or if you prefer an in-house training for your organization, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPS: If you want to hear more about the benefits process mining can bring to your organization, watch this interview with Donna Stewart on Suncorp's experiences from process mining with Disco.