Pro-Driver is a new FORS Silver Training Course focussing on minimising risk in interactions between drivers and cyclists through a tailored half day training session. The practical on-bike on road training session is for van, fleet and other professional drivers.
COURSE NAME: Pro-Driver
DURATION: 3.5 hours
ACCREDITATION: FORS Silver
- Driver attitudes and perceptions
- Introduction to active travel, driver fitness and health
- Bicycle control skills (training in off-road training area)
- On-road drills looking at hazard recognition — understanding the issues faced by active travellers (bike on road, exploring infrastructure and potential areas of conflict)
- Providing drivers a cyclist's perspective of riding on busy roads
- Debrief — lessons learnt, practical ways drivers can minimise risk and feedback.
- To encourage professional drivers to empathise with cyclists
- To make drivers aware of the risks of the road
- Understanding assertive cycling/how cyclists do/should ride
- Ability to adopt behaviour
- Drivers outline actions to minimise risk
NOTE: This is a practical on bike session. Bikes are provided. Drivers who are not able to ride a bike will be accommodated and can still take part in the training by walking to the drill sites.
What do I need to bring?
This course will be taught outside ON BIKES and you should be suitably prepared for the weather (warm clothing/ waterproofs/ flat shoes etc and bring a bottle of water and sunscreen).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the training course?
By Public transport: We are near Bermondsey Tube Station (Jubilee line), Surrey Quay (Overground service) and South Bermondsey (Rail)
By Car: Unfortunately there are no on-site car parking facilities available although there are a number of residential roads nearby you are strongly advised to make your own checks as to whether you can use them without a permit. Cycle Training UK will not be held responsible for any parking fines issued.
Office location is here