Actions and Detail Panel
Primavera P6 Training - June 2017
Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 8:00 AM – Fri, Jun 30, 2017, 5:00 PM CDT
Primavera P6 v. 6 is the newest of WTMC's industry leading training programs. Open enrollment classes will take place at our Training Center in Houston, Texas. This program is a must for any scheduler, planner or planner/scheduler involved in turnarounds.
Primavera P6 is the leading Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) solution for project-intensive industries. It offers best-in-class capabilities focused on mission critical PPM requirements for turnarounds. P6 enables enterprise agility, team productivity, project predictability and overall project management efficiency. The result is the ability to drive down costs, minimize risk and deliver results to key stakeholders.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS
Today's project managers, planners, schedulers and planner/schedulers need tools that deliver the necessary project insight to maintain schedule and budget commitments for their turnarounds. And they need the ability to integrate project resources with other departments and at other locations to ensure project success.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Primavera P6 v. 6 training program leads you through the entire project life cycle, from planning to execution. ou'll learn how to add activities, assign resources & create a baseline, as well as plan and schedule. It provides in-depth resource management and project management training in Primavera P6. You'll explore resource management topics, including manual allocation, bucket planning and leveling.
- Schedule a project.
- Assign resources.
- Adjust the project schedule.
- Execute and control the project.
- Create a project.
- Add activities.
- Use bucket planning.
- Use resource leveling.
- Use earned value analysis.
- Calculate percent complete.
- Calculate multiple float paths.
- Analyze resource usage
By enrolling in this course, you'll gain a thorough background in the concepts of planning and scheduling that will assist you in executing a turnaround. All programs and instruction stress the three basic elements of project management: schedule, resources and costs. You will also become more familiar with project management topics, including earned value analysis, advanced scheduling and timescaled logic diagrams.
- Lesson 1 User Preferences
- Lesson 2 Structure: EPS & OBS
- Lesson 3 Create a New Project
- Lesson 4 Resources
- Lesson 5 Activity Codes
- Lesson 6 Calendars
- Lesson 7 Developing Activities
- Lesson 8 Activity Relationships
- Lesson 9 Activity Steps
- Lesson 10 Work Breakdown Structure
- Lesson 11 Creating Layouts and Filters
- Lesson 12 Expenses and Cost Accounts
- Lesson 13 User-Defined Fields
- Lesson 14 Baselines
- Lesson 15 Resource Leveling
- Lesson 16 Activity Progress
- Lesson 17 Reporting
- Lesson 18 Global Changes
- Lesson 19 Exporting and Importing Project Data
- Lesson 20 Advanced Scheduling Settings