Actions and Detail Panel
PREVENTIVE CONTROLS FOR HUMAN FOOD - PART 2
Fri, April 7, 2017, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM EDT
This is the FDA recognized Preventive Controls for Human Food course that satisfies the FSMA regulation that every FDA registered facility have at least one Preventive Controls Qualified Individual on site to perform or oversee the preparation of the Food Safety Plan.
This one day, 8 hour course, is Part 2 of the Blended Preventive Controls for Human Food course. Participants must have completed the online, self-paced Part 1 course offered through the FSPCA. Registration for Part 1 can be accessed here: https://ifpti.absorbtraining.com/Files/FSPCA%20-%20Human%20Food/FSPCA%20Instructor%20Resource%20Portal/BLENDEDPCHFINSTRUCTIONS.pdf
This 1-day course utilizes the standardized curriculum developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA), which is the only curriculum currently recognized by FDA and it is conducted by FSPCA trained Lead Instructor Deborah Shapos.
Participants will learn the following:
The requirements of the preventive controls regulation
- How prerequisite programs and the updated cGMP regulations relate to a food safety plan
- How to identify hazards requiring preventive controls, then determine and implement the appropriate preventive controls necessary to control those hazards
- How to monitor preventive controls and apply effective corrective actions to root causes to provide assurances that the controls work properly
- How verification and validation of preventive controls should be included in a food safety plan
- Which records must be maintained and included as part of a food safety plan
- At the completion of this training, participants will have the foundation knowledge to develop, implement and maintain ghe Food Safety Plan required by the FDA under the new FSMA rule.
Participants will receive an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate issued by AFDO after attending this training program.