Preventing Product Liability Lawsuits and Recalls
Thursday, September 5, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
This comprehensive 120-minute quality training will help you identify the contributing factors that lead to product liability from each department and area of the corporation. It will discuss product liability case studies and the legal climate around the world.
Why Should You Attend:
- Do your employees know how to prevent product recalls and product liability lawsuits?
- Are they ahead of the curve in preventing product liability related problems?
This area tends to be mis-classified as one of “common sense,” with little-to-no need for training. As a result, we are faced with ever-growing upward trends in product recall statistics, record-breaking product liability lawsuit verdicts, and a spike in bankruptcies.
This 2-hr training will highlight the current statistics and trends regarding product recalls, product liability lawsuits, and the causes of these economic disasters for manufacturing corporations. We will also identify all the areas of manufacturing management that are typically not being handled properly and contribute to such failures, from product development through marketing, product testing, supplier selection and control, document management, contracts and agreements, manufacturing quality, and incident investigation.
This training will be very enlightening and educational to the members of the management team and will begin the process of pointing manufacturing corporations in the right direction of preventing related problems and becoming more profitable.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Recall trends and product liability statistics
- A review of the largest contributing causes of recalls
- Product liability case studies and the legal climate around the world
- The impact of product liability in corporate financial statements
- The contributing factors that lead to product liability from each department and area of the corporation
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.