Prevent or Minimize Back Pain Using Yoga: An Introduction to the Back Care Clinic
Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EST)
This workshop provides an introduction to how our back care clinic functions at the Ancient Healing Arts (AHA) yoga studio. By enrolling in this workshop, you will receive a one time discount of $5 on future back care classes. In our clinic, we provide an assessment of the strength and mobility of your back, your posture, gait and functional limitations. Instruction in yoga poses that work well for issues such as scoliosis, arthritis, disc disease and spinal stenosis is provided along with handouts. This workshop is taught by Jill Johnson, a physical therapist and long time yoga practitioner and Kerry Doyle, the owner of AHA studio. Both teachers are long time Iyengar yoga practitioners. Iyengar yoga has been taught in research studies that have shown success in decreasing back pain. Questions-Contact 603-442-9540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call Women's Health Resource Center at 603-650-2600 to register for this class.
$50/person for the workshop
- Space is limited, so please pre-register by calling (603) 650-2600.
- All classes must be paid for in full one week before they begin, and we are unable to provide refunds for a program after that date.
- WHRC reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
- In case of bad weather, class cancellations will be made on the day of the class: by 2:30 pm for evening classes, and by 8:30 am for daytime classes.
- Some managed care plans are now offering reimbursement to their subscribers for participation in our health care classes. Call your employer or insurance customer representative to find out if you are eligible.
Save This Event
When & Where
Healing Arts: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Women's Health Resource Center
Since 1991, the Women's Health Resource Center has welcomed many women seeking information and education about their health and the health of their loved ones. As a community service of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, we are committed to promoting preventive care and respecting women's wisdom in making informed health care decisions.