Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease for Women Conference by Jane Esselstyn
Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease for Women
Heart disease is the number one killer of women.
Nearly one woman per minute dies of heart disease. - American Heart Association
Did you know that heart disease is preventable and reversible?
As we all know, women, as professionals, spouses, caregivers, and parents, are uniquely positioned to transform the heart-health of their families, their communities and themselves. The second annual Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease for Women conference will arm participants with all the evidence-based research and practical know-how needed to do just that.
Jane Esselstyn, RN has assembled a roster of the country’s leading doctors and researchers, whose direct work is to prevent and reverse heart disease. These experts all agree that the answer to health is not going to come in the shape of a pill, procedure, or technological breakthrough, but rather from the grocery cart, the garden, and the end of the fork. At the March 11th event, the aim is to educate participants about the power of plant-based prevention via presentations, lectures, cooking demos, a delicious lunch, honest dialogue, and extensive Q and A.
Jane is no stranger to plant-based nutrition and how it can reverse heart disease. She is an author, researcher, mother, wife, registered nurse, teacher, and plant-based recipe creator. Jane and her mother, Ann Crile Esselstyn, co-authored the popular The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook, a companion to the book authored by her father, noted physician Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., MD, author of the NY Times bestseller Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease.
As the Keynote speaker, Dr. Esselstyn, Director of the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Reversal Program at the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute, will present the latest research and information pertaining to heart health and women. Other exciting speakers include cardiologist Dr. Monica Aggarwal, author of Finding Balance, obstetrician and gynecologist Dr. Anne Bingham, Jane Esselstyn, RN, Ann Crile Esselstyn, M. Ed, and Jane's brother, Rip Esselstyn, author of The Engine 2 Diet, Plant-Strong, and The Engine 2 Seven Day Rescue, all that are anchored by Jane's recipes.
This day-long seminar will include a delicious, plant-based lunch with a menu designed by Jane Esselstyn and the culinary team from Cleveland Vegan. There will be door prizes, raffles, goodies bags, dancing, lots of take-home tips and tricks, and, most importantly, opportunities for one-on-one conversations with the presenters.
Anyone is welcome to attend this conference — female or male— as all will benefit from this timely information about this approach to healthy living that will empower all to become plant-based self care warriors! We want to see YOU at this event!
There is a $25 cancellation policy.
If travelling from out of town, we recommend the Hyatt Place Legacy Village which is walking distance from the event. Or try the Doubletree in Beechwood, OH, it is only a few minutes drive from the conference!
Featured Speakers and Presentations:
- Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., MD, Director of the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Reversal Program at the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute, presents: The Arrest and Reversal of Cardiovascular Disease with Nutrition: Fact or Fiction?
- Monica Aggarwal, MD, presents: Finding Balance: Empower Yourself With Tools to Combat Stress and Illness
- Jane Esselstyn, RN, presents: The Benefits of Plant-Based Eating, Above and Below the Belt
- Ann Crile Esselstyn M.Ed. and Jane Esselstyn RN, co-authors of The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook, present: The How and Wow: Plant-Perfect Guidelines and Cooking Demo
- Anne Bingham, MD, OB/GYN, Middletown, CT, presents: Minding the Machine from Motherhood through Menopause: An OBGYN's Perspective
- Brian Hart M Ed., presents How Did We Get Here? Navigating the Hurdles and Challenges of Eating Plant-Based
- Rip Esselstyn, author of The Engine 2 Diet, Plant-Strong, The Engine 2 Seven Day Rescue presents: The 7 Day Rescue