Actions and Detail Panel
Presinar: Use of Snow Retention Devices Science or Science Fiction?
Wed, May 17, 2017, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
Join the Central Massachusetts USGBC community for an evening of green building exploration and discussion. At the Sustainability Hub, watch the following webinar and discuss your practice and experience with those in the room as it relates to the webinar. RSVP for us to save you a seat at the Sustainability Hub's viewing room. Thank you for supporting the mission and community in Central Massachusetts!
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention, as well as the do's and don'ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
Special thanks to S-5 for the course content.
- Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
- Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
- List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
- List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
- Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
- Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards