Actions and Detail Panel
Presinar: The Business Case for Sustainable Design
Wed, April 19, 2017, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
Need GBCI and/or AIA credits or just want to learn more about sustainable building design and construction? We are kicking off the 2017 USGBC MA Chapter Presinar series with a closer look at water source heat pump systems. Additional presinars will include WELL, maintaining building performance, designing for snow loads and more. Please note, the presentations are pre-recorded and you are required to attend in person to receive credit. There will be plenty of time for questions and an interactive discussion after the viewing so please join us for these informative and engaging sessions!
This lesson is intended to provide students with the foundational knowledge to understand and make the business argument for Sustainable Design and Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting. It covers the high-level effects of climate change on business, as well as decisions that individual organizations must consider.
For instructors interested in using this course content we recommend starting with the Instructor Guide available in the Additional Resources section on the right.
To earn GBCI CE credit for this course:
- Watch the video modules
- Complete the Quiz
Additional learning materials include:
- Podcast – The Denizen Project
- Activity – Quantifying Sustainable Business Cases
- Case Study – Spotlight on Gerding Edlen
- Discussion Questions
- Knowledge Check – How the Business Case Develops
- Additional Resources
The videos can be accessed by clicking on links below. The additional learning materials are available to download in the Additional Resources section to the right.
- Define the business rationale for Sustainable Design and Corporate Social Responsibility reporting.
- Explain the burden climate change has on the global economy through financial and social lenses.
- State the ways in which sustainable design can reduce costs associated with building construction and maintenance.
- Discuss the various ways in which Corporate Social Responsibility reporting can reap financial benefits for a firm.