Attempting to achieve net zero energy in commercial buildings creates unique design, engineering, and business challenges that require innovative solutions. During this webinar, net zero building fundamentals will be explored and Walgreens team of architects and engineers will share their approach for the Evanston, Illinois Walgreens store, which is expected to achieve net zero status and LEED Platinum certification. The team will discuss critical steps including making a business case for energy conservation, community engagement, energy efficiency, renewable energy, energy modeling, and operations. This course is for architects, mechanical and electrical engineers, building owners, lighting designers, general contractors, energy efficiency specialists, commissioning authorities, and anyone involved in the building design process.
Session Learning Objectives:
1. Describe the various definitions of net zero, and how your building projects can utilize these definitions to stretch performance.
2. Explain the strategies and steps involved in designing net zero buildings.
3. Anticipate net zero implementation obstacles.
4. Refer to real-world solutions when pursing net zero.
5. Discuss how to utilize energy modeling to set sustainability goals for projects with aggressive energy reduction targets.
6. Locate credible resources pertaining to net zero
Location: The Sustainability Hub is located at 912 Main Street, Worcester, MA, 01610. Parking is available across the street from the Sustainability Hub, and please be sure to place the attached Parking Pass in your front windshield. As a safety precaution please use the painted crosswalk to access the Sustainability Hub. Further street parking can befound on Hawthorne Street and Main Street.