Presentation USDA / Small Business Innovation Research Program Lincoln, NE
Thursday, July 31, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Ms. Mary Ann Rozum, Program Leader with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will be doing a presentation about the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant funding opportunity with the USDA. After the presentation, Ms. Rozum will be available for one-on-one meetings with small businesses interested in USDA SBIR funding. In addition, there will be a FREE lunch with a panel discussion about resources available in the State for Technology commercialization.
Anyone interested in learning more about USDA's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), including small business owners, researchers, state and local government representatives, and academics are welcome.
To access USDA SBIR FY15 solicitation = http://www.nifa.usda.gov/funding/rfas/sbir_rfa.html
8:00 to 10:00 am - Presentation
10:30 to 11:30 - Structured Networking event
Noon to 1:00 pm - Free lunch with Technology Commercialization panel
1:00 to 5:00 pm - One-on-one meetings
Attend this event to:
- Learn about the topics of interest to USDA’s SBIR programs.
- Stay updated on recent USDA changes and procedures.
- Network with other peers interested in SBIR funding.
- Learn about Technology Commercialization services and funding available in the State.
- Parking Permits will be available after registration.
- Lunch will be provided for people registered by Monday, July 28th. After Monday, July 28th there will be a $10.00 registration fee (no refunds).
- Businesses interested in meeting one-on-one must contact Marisol Rodriguez by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the appointment. First-come First serve basis.
When & Where
Nebraska Business Development Center - Technology Commercialization
NBDC technology commercialization team assists companies, investors, scientists, university researchers and entrepreneurs that have the potential to bring innovative technologies to the commercial marketplace. Consultants provide services including market research, startup advice, business planning, stakeholder engagement, and funding guidance. Special emphasis will be on providing assistance with the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR/STTR) grant program.