Actions and Detail Panel
Wed, June 7, 2017, 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM EDT
This 3-hour coaching session is designed for 6-8 presenters. Each presenter speaks for 3 to 4 minutes, and will be video-recorded for personal use and further practice, post-coaching.
The session objective is to help coachees better understand which of their current presentation approaches are strengths (and how to build on those strengths), and which are weaknesses (and how to change or compensate for them).
Immediate feedback typically addresses:
- Presenting yourself well in relation to your audience, including assessing and adjusting the image you project.
- Speaking for how people listen and think.
- Assessing the needs and interests of the audience—including a mixed audience of people with different degrees of familiarity with your information.
- Building good reasoning and good timing into your presentation.
- Putting the primary focus on the points listeners take away through a structured presentation that both engages and moves their thinking forward.
- Handling stressful situations in which you must manage yourself well.
About our coach:
An author, consultant, coach and award-winning educator at the Harvard Kennedy School, Holly specializes in helping professionals raise their game for public speaking, negotiating and navigating the waters of difficult conversations. She has given her advice, strategies, and techniques for difficult communications in publications and broadcasts ranging from Harvard Business Review to O, the Oprah Magazine to ESPN Radio and CBS News Sunday. She is an advising expert on difficult communications for Harvard ManageMentor and the HBR Guide to Office Politics (HBRPress, 2015), and a Conversation Starter on the HarvardBusiness.org blog.