Actions and Detail Panel
Prescription Narcotic Use/Abuse - Update on Epidemic and Potential Regulato...
Thu, April 27, 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
Course Recommended for dentists, hygienists and assistants.
The abuse of prescription narcotics has reached epidemic proportions across the nation. Accidental or intentional overdose on prescription drugs is increasing, affecting us all including the rich and famous. Both national and statewide efforts to combat the problem are beginning to take shape and will affect the practice of dentistry in Texas. This course will review the magnitude of prescription narcotic abuse in the U.S. and its epidemiology. Learn how to use the Texas Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP), the potential regulatory changes that may lay ahead and their impact on our practices.
* The extent of prescription drugs across the United States
* The effects of addiction on families and society
* Use of the Texas Prescription Monitoring Program
* Potential regulatory issues that will likely affect prescription-writing in Texas
* How you can safely prescribe prescription narcotics in the dental office