Preparing Your Different Learner FOR COLLEGE!!!
The transition from high school to college is a critical time for students with special needs and many families have questions. Learn what parents who have gone through this transition wished they knew before they started planning for college. Topics will include:
- When to start planning
- Developing self-care skills
- Promoting self-advocacy
- Understanding the difference between high school and college
- Finding a college that "fits"
- What to disclose/not disclose on the application
- Accessing services on campus
- Keeping the lines of communication open
Parents of students in Grades 7 -12 are highly encouraged to attend.