San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Note: These workshops are led by NYSED Teacher Leaders and can be taken as stand-alone professional development, but content and teaching strategies will connect across workshops, so teachers will benefit from attending multiple sessions. Teachers will leave with materials ready for the classroom. The location will be announced at a later date. Register now to reserve your seat.
Modeling the Real-World through Geometry
23% of the math section of the TASC is geometry. This workshop will focus on geometry
topics that are high-emphasis content areas for the TASC. In this workshop, participants
will experience math problems that use geometry in real-world situations, using a
classroom structure known as three-act math tasks. Participants will leave with a
stronger understanding of what geometry content they should teach and come away with
resources and strategies for how to teach them.
CUNY CENTRAL - ADA Accessible
• All NYC RAEN workshops are for teachers/staff of NYSED-funded adult education programs.
• NYC RAEN reserves the right to cancel or reschedule workshops with fewer than 10 participants.
• Please be sure to arrive on time. No one will be allowed in the session after 15 minutes has passed.
• If you cannot attend the workshop, please cancel your registration on Eventbrite.
• If your program utilizes a “Time Card,” please bring a “Time Card” with you to the session. The New York City RAEN does not provide Time Cards.
Please note: This event may be recorded and photographed for non-profit purposes including use in print, on the internet, and all other forms of media. All audience members (or parents/ guardians of minors attending the event) agree to the possibility of appearing on these recordings by virtue of attending the event or participating in the event.