San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Note: These workshops are led by NYSED Teacher Leaders and can be taken as stand-alone professional development, but content and teaching strategies will connect across workshops, so teachers will benefit from attending multiple sessions. Teachers will leave with materials ready for the classroom.
Introducing Functions with the CUNY HSE Math Curriculum Framework
Functions represent the highest-emphasis content area on the math section of the TASC
- 52% of the test is functions and algebra. Many teachers struggle with functions,
believing students need to learn all the basics first. This session will introduce the CUNY
HSE Math Curriculum Framework, designed to build the deep and scaffolded conceptual
understanding of functions that students need to succeed on the TASC and to start from
where students. Participants will understand how to use the framework with their
students right away.
• All NYC RAEN workshops are for teachers/staff of NYSED-funded adult education programs.
• NYC RAEN reserves the right to cancel or reschedule workshops with fewer than 10 participants.
• Please be sure to arrive on time. No one will be allowed in the session after 15 minutes has passed.
• If you cannot attend the workshop, please cancel your registration on Eventbrite.
• If your program utilizes a “Time Card,” please bring a “Time Card” with you to the session. The New York City RAEN does not provide Time Cards.
Please note: This event may be recorded and photographed for non-profit purposes including use in print, on the internet, and all other forms of media. All audience members (or parents/ guardians of minors attending the event) agree to the possibility of appearing on these recordings by virtue of attending the event or participating in the event.